Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Gluten Free French Toast!



Do you LOVE French Toast?
Well I do! And I have sampled many-a gluten free bread to find the perfect one to withstand the supreme sogginess required by french toast. There is one nationally available bread that consistently makes the cut for me...
UDI'S is my bread of choice! (they didn't pay me to say that either!)
Trust me on this... They simply get it right!

I have used this same recipe for several years and today, I share this easy gem with you all!

Here is what you need:

-1 bag of UDI'S Gluten Free Bread (I like the whole grain one the best, but white bread is fine too!)
-1 or 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
-1 1/2 cups of Milk (Almond Milk does well, but I prefer 2%)
-2 eggs
-Pancake Syrup
-Powdered Sugar (if you want!)
-Fruits (if you feel fancy and want to slice some up!)

Turn your stovetop to medium/high, (I like 7-8) and
Combine the eggs, milk and vanilla in a bowl and whisk it together

Take your slices of UDI'S Gluten Free bread and dip each slice, fully and briefly into the milky mix.
You want to get them wet, but not soaking.

Fry each slice in the frying pan (on each side) until they are golden brown and slightly crispy!

Top them with powdered sugar, and/or (or AND) syrup, or fruit.

They really are delicious. The texture of these gluten free french toast slices is perfect. Let me know how Yours turned out!



No comments:

Post a Comment